Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby's almost here, and I have a lot still to do.

Liam is due on June 6th, but he's at nearly eight pounds now. Bri says her cervix is neither effaced nor dilated, so she could easily go three more weeks. I'm so excited about this baby! You'd think that at grandchild eleven, the excitement would have worn off by now, but it never does. (I think if we hadn't done something to prevent it, I would have happily gone on having babies until menopause!) As it is, I have five kids and Liam makes eleven grands. Only our oldest is unmarried and has no children. He'd love for that to be different, though, so who knows?

I'm making big sister (almost 2 years old) Remy a Waldorf doll and all the necessaries so she'll have her own baby when she has to contend with mommy's new baby. She does love babies so!


I've gotten Bri and sling, a carseat canopy, and a diaper bag thus far, and have made a delightful blanket for Liam. So now I'm focusing on Remy. She'll have the new doll, some diapers, a diaper bag, some burp cloths, a sling, and a blanket or two. And only three weeks to make them! Ah, well, it is a labor of love.

On a sadder note, my oldest daughter informs me that her soldier/chaplain husband has been assigned to Ft. Knox in Kentucky, so they'll be leaving in a little over a month. I'm going to miss her and her four kiddos, not to mention her husband. They are wonderful people and always so hospitable. They'll be gone at least two years. So I have to suck it up and be happy for the adventure that they will have being army brats! At least I know that we'll go visit them, and I love Kentucky. (All those horses!)

As far as inspiration goes, it was hard to be inspired today, because my fibromyalgia is acting up. But I appreciated the breeze that blew in my window and cooled off my  Texas home today. It makes me think of a commercial I see every now and then that starts out, "The wind is a billowing, arrogant bully..."

But it inspires me because of the sounds I can hear and the aromas I can smell as it sings its wandering song to me. So I close my eyes and bask in its caresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment