Friday, May 17, 2013

Bird's eye view

I'm out of makeup. Both my foundation and my blush have run out, and I can't go to the store until tomorrow. }(

I don't know why I wear makeup during the week anyway, since it's usually just Remy and me. I guess it just makes me feel better about myself. Which is weird, because makeup is a kind of mask, I think. It brightens my face, enhances my eyes, and makes my lips dewy.

[New dwarves: Dewy, Scrawny, Sleezy, Beauty, Crabby, Bitchy and Nursey. Their wives, I suspect.]

I have five little finches in a cage and they chirp and sing all day long. I love it. One of them is a brave little fellow and will almost sit on my hand. But not quite. (He got out once, and he was really easy to catch. I don't think that would have been the case with any of the others.) I love to hear them sing. It inspires me to live each moment with joy in my heart, for they sing rain or shine.

We had a hummer at our feeder last night. First one of the season. I hope we have a lot more! I need to change the syrup in their feeder today.

But right now I have more important things to do! My birds need fresh water!


No comments:

Post a Comment