Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Well, Valentine's Day weekend didn't go precisely as planned. But I'm not complaining. My paper mâché dog still isn't finished, but Jeff loved his concealed gun coupon! Remy got sick and threw up, but she was fine after that. We didn't do all our crafts because we ran out of time. Jeff took Monday off and we just hung out all day. That is really, really a rarity!

And now, on Tuesday, it's 4:12 and the kids are still asleep! I thought I'd get a head start on my blog entry for the week while they're still napping. And I even got about an hour myself! Ah, sometimes life is good!

I've lately been fascinated by an organization that raises and trains miniature horses for use as therapy animals in hospitals, nursing homes, and the like. There are a few such organizations, but the one that caught my eye and engaged my heart is called Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horses, and has locations in California, Florida, and Greece. You'll often see their adorable little horses gracing the posts on my Facebook page, because I simply am captivated by them. So I've decided to contact them about doing a children's book that features the little bitty equines and explains how they are trained and what they do. So I thought that today I'd begin an outline and contact them tomorrow. So here goes.

The Gentle Carousel

The horses
The people who work with them
The people they help
How they are trained

Perhaps told from the point of view of a child who is ill and loves horses b ut thinks she can never see a real one close up because of her illness.

I guess a phone call to the owner/manager of the horses is in order. Meanwhile, enjoy this little one's beautiful face.

No comments:

Post a Comment